Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bible Study Breakout! Let's start with a Disclaimer !



Welcome to our first day of exploring how cracked pots can fill up with a 
loving God !

First of all, let's pray:

"God - You know us. You know what we need. As we read and
study your Word...speak to our hearts...give us direction and hope."

Now that  we've prayed -- I offer my disclaimer as the writer of this blog:  

I am a Titus 2:3-5 woman: 

I am old. I have made LOTS of mistakes.  Due to these mistakes, I've 
learned the hard way.  

In the Bible book of Titus, Chapter 2, I am called to teach other women 
(and not to drink too much -haha)  

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children,  to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. - Titus 2:3-5

Bottom line, I am a Type A Cracked Pot....a sinner in need of a Savior and I'm here to share my story.  I'm givin this to God and prayin it touches a 
life...for Jesus. 

I was 36 years old before I put the following Bible verses together and 
gave my life to Jesus, the lover of my soul.   Please pray and ask God to 
speak to you as you read the following verses:

1. Romans 3:23 -- We're all "cracked," but not beyond repair.  This 
explains a lot about marital conflict.   Always remember my marriage  
definition:  

Marriage (Verb - i.e. needing constant action)
Two sinners sharing the same bathroom.
2. Romans 6:23 -- I label this verse "The Groan & The Gift". I'm so 
grateful God doesn't give us what we deserve when we give our lives to 
Jesus!
3. Romans 5:6-8 -- Ask yourself - How much did God love me BEFORE I cleaned up my act? It seems pretty petty of us to withhold love from others when they don't meet our expectations. Hmmmmm. What if God had 
done that ? Our future would be bleak!  
4. Romans 10:9, 13 -- These verses told me what to do. I had spent my whole life going to church...but had never fully committed my life to Christ. How about you? Maybe it's time to throw open those closet doors and 
let Jesus in!
5. John 5:24 -- If you don't believe me....just ask Jesus.
6. John 14:15 -- What do we do now? -- Listen to Jesus!
7. Malachi 2:15,16 -- Doesn't get much clearer than this! I think God's 
talking to us wives, too! This makes me think we need to put some effort 
into this marriage stuff !
Over the next few days, could you read and reread the above verses? It 
took me 36 years to get them straight. I don't want you to wait that long.
Truth-be-told, marriage is next to impossible without Jesus in the equation. He offers, ultimately, our final source of unconditional love:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not die, but have everlasting life."  
- John 3:16
Coming up Next: Who ya gonna turn to?

No comments:

Post a Comment