Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Type A and Tough Times

I stumbled across this old Bible Study I wrote a few years ago.  I'm getting so senile, I forget my own lessons.  Let's take a look and refresh our memories.

Tough times can often be only a phone call or a doctor's visit away.  That's what I learned in 2014. Now, this Type A woman needs a new checklist for 2015:



How do I prepare for TOUGH TIMES?


___1. Decide to let God in: 


If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.     -Romans 10:9




___2. Pray:


 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -- Phil 4:7


___3. Give your troubles to God: 


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. --1 Peter 5:7

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11: 27-30


___4. Remember who you are in Christ and and how much                    Jesus loves you.  TRUST HIS PLAN!  


But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -- Romans 5:8 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made . - Psalm 139:14


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11


But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. - Acts 1:8


___5. Go to a trusted Christian friend for help.


Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

___6. Make a LIST to deal with Trouble!  You know you want to...after all, you are "Type A" !  Make a list and memorize your verses.  Here you go:

The Tough Times Table:

__1. Decide to let God in....

___2.

___3.
___4.





No comments:

Post a Comment