Wednesday, December 17, 2014

“Oh come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant...”


I’m traveling right now.  God’s giving me some gifts along the way.  

As a Type A - I sometimes rip through my days without noticing the little things.  
Monday morning I noticed.  Here's my JOY report:

It was a busy intersection.  8 a.m.    Bumper to bumper traffic .  
   
She stood on the corner in a bright orange crossing guard belt.  I was a few 
cars back when I noticed her.  
  
“How ya doin?”  I heard her shout.  Cars were  honking.  Drivers were waving.  
The school crossing guard was a lovely woman, with gray hair tucked neatly in a 
bright orange baseball cap.  A smile filled her face.  She beamed.             

  
I could tell this was a daily ritual. She was waving and practically dancing 
on the sidewalk.  
  
Children had safely crossed to school.  Now her job was to greet the drivers.  

She gave every driver her smile, sometimes bending at the waist  to peek into 
the car windows .  Elderly folks were waving back.  They knew this lady well.
  
I rolled down the window. “Thank you !”  I shouted out as my car turned the 
corner.  
 
“Have a good day!” – The corner crossing guard beamed at me. 
  
What a lovely gift to receive this morning. It was a gift I gladly accepted.   

  
Truth be told, this morning greeting reminded me of the joy we all possess, 
but often forget to share.  
  
A school crossing guard gave me a special Christmas gift.  
  
Thank you… for the gift of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment