Monday, July 20, 2015

Where to go when pain hits you in the face...A Type A Coping List




It's been a nail-biting time.  It's been a sleepless time.  It's been an "Oh God, please....Oh God, please..." time.

I've been writing about relationships and life.  -Giving you lists and lessons on marriage and family. 

My husband was diagnosed with cancer two weeks before my father died of it.  I will not lie,the last nine months have been a gut-wrenching time for this Type A.  My hair is now peppered with gray.  My face has deeper lines.

When cancer comes into life, it causes you to pause. It takes relationships and rivets them in time. Suddenly, the myriad of issues fall by the wayside.  

Don't get me wrong, new issues surface.    Since my husband was diagnosed with cancer, I've made so many Type A flubs.  

Type A's like to be in control.  Cancer is a very out-of-control disease. This leads to major frustration.  I just could not list or organize my way out of this one. 

After a few hissy-fits and sleepless nights.  God got my attention, once again.  There IS one thing I can control:  My response to my situation.

I have piled my desk with God's reminders.  I want to share them with you now. 

Yep - I'm about to give you my COPING LIST! 

God has walked this imperfect person through this ordeal.  He will walk you through yours:



Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior 
and my God. - Psalm 42:11

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, 
a very present help in trouble.” 

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble But take heart! I have overcome the world.”--John 16:33

"Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress" - Psalm 62:5-7

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. - 2 Corin 10:5

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. - Psalm 23:4





No comments:

Post a Comment