Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Your Husband Needs You To Encourage Him




Do you want your husband to be a better person?  
Show him respect.  
Encourage him in what he is doing RIGHT.  

Respect = Love to a man


OK - I saw it in his eyes.  He was done with my lists.

"Is there something else I'm doing wrong?" my husband asked as I stood patiently waiting for him to heed my checklist of suggestions.

I'm a Type A list maker.  -Doesn't that include making lists for my husband?  -Couldn't he benefit from my "helpful" ideas?  I only had five more points to make.

"Back off, Laurie," I heard a small voice say.  Suddenly, I remembered my own lesson plan.  Respect = Love to a man.  When I share my sincere encouragement with the wonderful man who shares my bathroom,  I am telling him I love him.

I retreated and regrouped.  I remembered there was a Bible verse I needed to read.  Even after 32 years of marriage, I'm still trying to get this straight.  

As usual, God had something to say to me when I simmered down and started to engage my brain more than my mouth:

So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves 

himself, and the wife must respect her husband. 
                                                                                                   -- Ephesians 5:33 

Wow.  God had a tall order for my husband and a direct order for me.  RESPECT my man.

OK, God.  I'm pulling out my list.  -- Nope, don't be scared.  I'm making a list of everything my hubby does RIGHT. 

I want to encourage him.  I want to respect him and his decisions.  I want to brag on him in front of others.  

Showing respect is the best way for me to help him be a better man....and the best way for me to be a better wife.  


No comments:

Post a Comment